Friday, February 3, 2012

Superbowl Salsa

I've lived in New Mexico my whole life and I have to admit, I just started eating salsa last month.  I'm slowly becoming a more adventurous eater, and in doing so, I realized I love salsa.  I decided to try to make my own.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and tweaked it a little.


Here's what you need:


1 Large Tomato, loosely diced (Or a can of diced tomatoes)
1 Can of Rotel
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and smashed
1 small onion, loosely diced
1 jalapeno
A handful of cilantro, chopped up
Juice of one lime
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
As much fresh green chile as you want

Last time I made this, I didn't add anymore green chile.  I simply relied on the can of Rotel and the jalapeno to create spice.  It was delicious, but it was not spicy in the least.  This time, I will add one green chile to make this batch just a little bit spicy.  If you're in an area where green chile is not available to you, just buy the Extra Hot Rotel instead of Original if you want a more spicy salsa.

Directions:
Chop up your vegetables.  I drain the Rotel a little, but you can keep the juice in if you like runnier salsa.  Put everything in a food processor or blender and blend until desired consistency.  Serve with chips, or put in burritos or tacos.  I plan on bringing this to The Zido's Superbowl party on Sunday!
















No comments:

Post a Comment