Tuesday, February 7, 2012

One Line a Day Journaling

I love journaling, but I am so bad at keeping up with it.  Every entry in my journal always starts out with, "Wow!  I haven't written in a while!"  I really wanted to find a solution to this, and of course, Pinterest came to my rescue.  This is the site where I got my idea, and it is working out for me so far!


This is a simple calendar where I write down one line for each day.  I write anything that happened that day, no matter how mundane.  I will keep using the same cards year after year, until  I run out of room.  I love this because I can look at one card for each day, and see what I was doing on that particular day year after year.

This is what you need:

4x6 index cards
Date stamp and ink
A container
Scissors or a paper cutter

Directions:
Cut the 4x6 index cards in half
Stamp the corner of each index card with the date (without the year)
Put in a container

The original creator of this used a cardboard produce basket as the container, and cut post cards to use as dividers for each month.  I could not, for the life of me, find a cardboard container, so I used this styrofoam one that once housed mushrooms.  And with a 4 month old, I couldn't be bothered to go finding cool postcards, so I went without those.  If I were to give these as gifts, I would definitely go that extra mile to make it look snazzier.  For my own use, I think this works just fine.  



Don't think you have to come up with something fascinating to write.
Here is my entry for February 3, "Went to mom and dad's for dinner because John got home late."




No comments:

Post a Comment